The Ministry Of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) has launched the program of building state-of-the-art, visible, and aspirational model training institutes in every district of India as part of the “Skill India Mission.” These training facilities are known as “Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Kendra” (PMKK).
The goal of PMKK facilities is to provide young Indians with the chance to learn useful skills in the workplace and help them make a better living.
PMKKs receive assistance with their initial investment if they meet certain criteria. National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) provides financial assistance as a secured loan for every Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Kendra.
The model training facilities aim to:
- Develop institutions that show the strategic value of competency-based learning for skill development.
- Skills delivery emphasises quality, consistency, and connectivity with stakeholders.
- Transforming a mandate-driven model into a sustainable one.
About Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Kendras (PMKK)
The MSDE intends to establish a prominent and aspirational training facility model. The Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Kendra is the name of this incredibly cutting-edge facility. The goal is to make India the most skilled country globally. These centres offer vocational training in every region of the country.
This program offers placement support as its primary characteristic, so trainees can have financial assistance from the scheme until they find a job. Over ten million young people in India have benefited from the scheme.
- The MSDE established Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Kendra (PMKK), and NSDC acts as an implementation body. The organisation established the centre in every Indian district. These centres contain the necessary equipment for high-quality, industry-focused courses. The NSDC emphasises providing value that motivates PMKK and provides opportunities to find a job.
- The initiative aims to create a uniform infrastructure to deliver skills training, emphasising employability and aspirational value.
Purpose of Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Kendra (PMKK)
The Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Kendra holds the following positions:
- PMKK has the resources necessary to offer industry-driven classes of a high standard, emphasising employability, and generate an inspirational value for training in the development of skills.
- Establish standardised institutions. They will serve as a motivating catalyst for acquiring new skills. It depends on the level of competency.
- To create a professional procedure, emphasise the quality, connection, and longevity with shareholders.
- Change the mandate-driven model into a realistic one.
Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Kendra (PMKK) Features
- Each Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Kendra will be equipped with a training facility ranging from 3,000 to 8,000 sq. ft., based on the population of the district.
- A framework and a regulatory structure are necessities for every centre.
- The centres of Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Kendra will offer classes to meet the educational needs of the local youth.
- The training centre will be equipped with cutting-edge technologies such as
- Smart classes,
- Specialised laboratories,
- Biometric attendance, etc.
- The PMKK centres will offer support for
- Placement cell and
- IT communication
- The facilities will provide housing support. It will be carried out under the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Kendra (PMKVY) guidelines.
- The Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Kendra will adhere to PMKVY principles to provide required training in manufacturing trades.
As per the project’s process, applicable regulations, and rules, loan assistance will only be granted to a separate legal organisation, such as a business, society, or trust. It is not feasible for any organisation that has been barred from active participation in a project by the state or federal governments, any state statutory authority, or a public sector endeavour to submit a proposal, either directly or through an Associate. The prohibition must still exist as of the date of the Proposal.
NSDC will offer finance in the form of a subsidised secured loan per facility centre, up to 75 per cent of the total investment for the project, to cover expenses only related to the following:
- Infrastructure for training, including the acquisition of plant, machinery, and equipment
- Instructional aids and related materials
- Civil work comprising the installation of prefabricated structures and the renovation of existing structures
Dedicated training numbers under the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) or its successor schemes will guarantee the long-term viability of the training centres. For example, in the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Kendra plan, the PMKK will be guaranteed a training authorisation for three years, according to the centre’s capacity and use.
Components of Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Kendra (PMKK)
Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Kendra is an initiative launched by the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship to ensure a streamlined infrastructure for training and skills development delivery. This infrastructure will be equipped to access industry-driven high-quality training with an emphasis on employability, and it will also start creating aspirational importance for skill training. In addition, PMKK is to develop the ecosystem for short-term training into a viable institutional system.
Each facility must use the same brand name, logo, and measurements to ensure uniformity. In addition, they must adhere to the NSDC website’s branding requirements.
The NSDC will use a centred methodology on clusters when allocating districts and establishing centres. The training partners are the ones who will be accountable for establishing PMKKs in each district.
The facility should be situated in an area with access to public transportation and streetlights. Additionally, the centre can be searched on the NSDC site.
4. Biometric enrollment
A biometric gadget is used to keep track of everyone participating in the training and the trainers. To keep track of attendance, they must have an Aadhaar card.
Every single centre is required to follow the scheme-specific criteria, which are the ones that will be utilised to keep track of attendance and monitor participation.
Three categories establish the structure of the PMKK. They are the
- Category A – 3000 sq. ft.
- Category B – 5 000 sq. ft.
- Category C – 8000 sq. ft.
6. Hostel accommodations
The hostel facilities of the centre will be selected based on Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Kendra criteria or other MSDE initiatives.
The PMKK will use the most up-to-date and advanced training methods. They’re Sector Skill Council-specified. The training equipment, including biometric attendance tracking and smart classrooms, will be used.
8. Center assessment
Each facility will be evaluated for compliance with the branding structure and regulations.
9. Consultation, placement, and participation spaces
The following will be available at all PMKK centres:
- Separate cells for placement and counselling.
- Coordination of placements with companies or businesses in the industry
- Aspirant and parent counselling, etc.
10. Smart classes
Each PMKK centre must include one room with internet and audiovisual equipment. This allows the centre to provide visual training, webinars/seminars for the industry, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions
What types of courses are offered at PMKKs?
Training is provided in the courses offered at PMKK Centres. These trainings are based on the requirements of the job positions available in the designated districts. The Skill Gap Assessment Reports of the prospective districts are also evaluated in selecting courses.
Where can I compile a list of the country's officially approved PMKKs?
On the NSDC website, you may see a list of the PMKKs that have been allocated.
What are the various PMKVY support options?
1. Capital Expenditure Support
2. Operation support
Is the PMKVY certification always valid?
PMKVY beneficiaries would be covered for 3 years from the date of approval by the New India Assurance Company Ltd., which has prepared a master policy for all beneficiaries.
Is PMKVY completely free?
The "Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana", or PMKVY, is a skill-based training initiative launched by the Indian government. Under the PMKVY 2.0 initiative, Indian nationals can participate in free skill-based training and education.
What is Kaushal's plan?
This is the major initiative for young skill training through the National Skill Development Corporation, executed by the future Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship.
How much is a PMKVY certificate worth?
The average reward for a trainee is Rs. 8000. (one time only). In this case, a third-party assessment agency would provide this.
Whom to contact for proposal submission and post allocation of PMKK?
Proposal submission - email to: [email protected]
Post allocation of PMKK - email to : [email protected] & [email protected]